Published on August 28th, 2017 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Monday, August 28, 2017
Happy 80th birthday, Toyota Motors! And now, the music news for August 28.
- I have it on pretty solid authority that U2 will release a new single on September 12.
- Tay-Tay broke part of the Internet with her new single, setting some kind of record.
- A Toronto orchestra has closed down after some fat-shaming of singers.
- Among the many thousands of things canceled in Texas because of Hurricane Harvey was Friday’s Coldplay show in Houston.
- It’s probably just a matter of time before Beyonce gets to do a Bond theme.
- Siri can apparently help those with autism.
- And you can now pretty much make a full album using just your iPhone.
- A rock musical based on Game of Thrones? Yep, it’s happening.
- Speaking of which, here’s the guy who invented the language of the Dothraki.
- Here’s another story of brain-mapping a tumor while the patient–a musician–plays during surgery.
- Somalia is basically a failed state now, but it once had an amazing music scene.
- Still in Africa, these Ugandan girls sing and rap about periods.
- Cambridge University has a new course that focuses on Bob Dylan and Leonard Cohen.
- How did this ten-year-old song become a hit? Thank a cartoon.
- The new Safari browser mutes noisy websites automatically. Chrome may soon do the same. Good. I HATE auto-play.
- This guy used to work as Prince’s art director. He’s got stories to tell.
- In case you’re anxiously awaiting the new Morrissey album, read this.
- Revealed! Shania Twain’s 1997 single, “That Don’t Impress Me Much,” was inspired by nude pictures of Brad Pitt.
- Elon Musk was just making a joke about a Tesla streaming service, apparently. But the code is still there.
- Would you like to buy Tommy Lee’s house? You can–but there’s a catch.
- Liam, Liam, LIam…