Published on August 29th, 2016 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Monday, August 29, 2016
There’s a guy down the street who still has winter tires and rims on his Camry. Should someone say something? And now, music news…
- John Lennon’s killer, Mark David Chapman, has been denied parole again. He’s been in jail for 36 years and is now 61.
- Japan has an alert out after a fan with measles attended a Justin Bieber concert. Another anti-vaxxer situation?
- Why are so many Millennial singers (and fans) bingeing on songs about bingeing on drugs? You might not have noticed this until you start looking at the situation.
- Instead of breaking up, some bands break in half and keep fighting. Here are some examples.
- Here’s a sneaky way Spotify gets around the exclusives artists grant to Apple Music and Tidal. (Via Tom)
- The divorce battle between Frances Bean Cobain and her ex Isaiah Silva has turned even weirder.
- A rare Paul McCartney demo has been sold for £21,000. (Via Tom again)
- Once again, we hear how happy songs make for happy employees.
- The memoir of a punk drummer dying of cancer is being offered for movie options.
- People are still talking about the Prophets of Rage gig at the Molson Amphitheatre in Toronto last week.
- Here’s a look at the 15th anniversary of Slipnot’s Iowa album.
- Translating Western songs into Hindi.
- What happened to the singer of Smash Mouth onstage over the weekend? Was it a heart attack?
- How do you analyze Adele’s commercial success? With “Adelytics,” of course.