Published on December 4th, 2017 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Monday, December 4, 2017
Finally made it Bangkok without our pilots crashing our planes into any poles. I’ll take that as a victory. And now, the music news for December 4.
- Have you been following the budget debate in the US? Apple, Amazon and other tech companies won big.
- Elon Musk says he’s going to send a Tesla Roadster to Mars blasting David Bowie out of the radio.
- In #MeToo news, the latest suspects are an orchestra conductor and the casting director of a production of Kinky Boots.
- Speaking of cars, wanna buy Paul McCartney’s 1964 Aston Martin?
- This is why it’s unwise to have holes in the middle of a stage.
- Gordon Lightfoot will be the last performer onstage at Massey Hall before it closes for a couple of years for renovations. (Note: Lightfoot has played the place 165 times.)
- What sort of effect is streaming having on classical music, especially orchestras? This is worth reading.
- If you’re a fan of Radiohead, you might enjoy this think piece on the band.
- Good luck in ever finding out Beyonce’s email address. Here’s why.
- Wanna live in Lady Gaga’s place? You can–if you have the cash.
- Not music-related, but if you’re a fan of The Simpsons, you might have to soon say goodbye to Apu.
- If you’re a fan of radio, you should read this.
- It’s interesting how U2 launched Songs of Experience using Amazon’s Alexa.