Published on February 12th, 2018 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Monday, February 12, 2018
Today is International Darwin Day. Take a Creationist to lunch and try to talk some sense into them, okay? Here’s what else is happening on February 12, 2018.
- A brawl broke out at Mark E. Smith’s wake. Somewhere, Mr. Smith is having a good cackle.
- Mott the Hoople is planning a rare reunion. Note: Ian Hunter is 78.
- A new Florence + the Machine album this year? Probably.
- You gotta love Motorhead fans for this. God bless ’em.
- If your kids aren’t already using this music app, they will be soon.
- Time for a Joan Jett documentary.
- And now that the Winter Olympics are on, here’s an obligatory story on an athlete’s playlist.
- The healing properties of dream pop.
- There will be a Spice Girls reunion but no Spice Girls reunion tour.
- If you’re at all into Fender guitars, you need to read this.
- Judas Priest guitarist Glenn Tipton has been diagnosed with Parkinson’s. (Via Tom)
- Attention electronic music fans: “3D special surround sound” could be coming to an event near you.
- The Chinese hip-hop scene is fighting back against the government’s crackdown on the music.
- So what’s next for SpaceX’s Telsa Roadster? This.
- Radio needs to spend more time creating new superstars for the planet. Here’s why.
- Into podcasting? Here’s a technical analysis of the top 100 podcasts. Very wonky, but helpful if you’re deep into the product.