Published on February 19th, 2018 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Monday, February 19, 2018
This year, February 19 is a stat holiday where I live, so please excuse the later-than-usual posting. We’ll be back to normal tomorrow.
- If you have a Spotify account and want to use it on multiple devices, you’ll inevitably come across Spotify Connect. Learn about it here.
- Here’s a nice feature on how Radiohead’s Jonny Greenwood has become an Oscar-nominated composer.
- Willie Nelson (who is 85) just released a single called “Last Man Standing.” Feels like he’s tempting fate, no?
- Music fans in Japan are weird. (Via Tom)
- Marilyn Manson accused of #MeToo behavior. Shocking, huh?
- And speaking of which, here’s another story on Ethan Kath of Crystal Castles and his #MeToo issues.
- Michael Jackson’s family is not happy with Quincy Jones.
- Remember the million-euro cello that was stolen at knifepoint? It’s been recovered.
- This woman has a tattoo that plays the sound of her mom’s voice. It’s kinda cool.
- Blue whales off the coast of California have been doing a lot of singiing.
- George Harrison took a secret trip to the US before Beatlemania? Apparently.
- Taylor Swift’s neighbours don’t like her very much.
- There was a census of music venues in the UK and it shows that small places are struggling. Not good.
- Bon Iver’s manager is running for Congress.