Published on February 5th, 2018 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Monday, February 5, 2018
I’m in Nashville all this week for a radio seminar and to do some interviews for Vintage-TV. That means ribs for dinner every night. Here’s the music news for February 5, 2018.
- Lady Gaga is not well. Seriously not well. This isn’t good.
- Streaming continues to get hotter. Apple Music now claims 36 million paid subscribers.
- This is why it’s good to be Lenny Kravitz.
- Only Ed Sheeran would think of asking Beyonce to sing at his wedding.
- This song from Sting resulted in a charge of domestic battery. Not surprisingly, it was “If You Love Somebody Set Them Free.”
- If you hate the idea of bowel songs coming out of the bathroom, you need this new toilet.
- Thom Yorke gets into the business of soundtracks just like bandmate Jonny Greenwood.
- Logic’s Grammy performance of the song “1-800-273-8255” with Alessia Cara and Khalid resulted in a tripling of calls the Suicide Prevention Hotline. This Grammy moment actually saved some lives.
- Speaking of the Grammys, Father John Misty belatedly accepted his award with this hysterical little speech.
- These church bells have rung every night for 239 years. They will now stop because of ONE complaint.
- This is officially the weirdest radio station in the UK.
- Bands recall their terrible first gigs.
- Jack White’s Third Man Records has announced its second children’s book.
- This is one big money Prince memorabilia auction.
- Mashing up music and an old-school auctioneer: This is fun for a Monday. (Via Tom)
- A new documentary is coming that follows the Beatles through their famous trip to India is coming.
- Sometimes things get dire and musicians have to sell some treasured possessions.
- Here’s a good news man-reunited-with-his-stolen-guitar story.