Published on January 1st, 2018 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Monday, January 1, 2018
Ah! A brand new year! Tis the season of fresh starts and New Year’s resolutions! And, of course, the music news will just keep coming. Here’s what you need to know for January 1, 2018.
- A film drama set in Paris against a backdrop of the Bataclan massacre has been postponed. Too soon.
- Bobdylanology: The petty French thief that was an inspiration to Zimmy.
- Apple has filed a patent for a content-streaming system is it looks to take on Netflix, Hulu and the rest of them.
- This is another take on Apple’s intentional slowing of older iPhones.
- Here’s why you never, ever let your parents buy you concert tickets.
- These were the biggest tech fails of 2017.
- A David Bowie book club? Sounds like a good idea to me.
- There will be more than a touch of KISS at the NHL Winter Classic.
- Broken Social Scene’s Kevin Drew has this to say about his friend Gord Downie.
- Were these 12 albums what the world needed in 2017?
- This is rare: An artist who defends Spotify’s royalty payouts.
- The people behind the Hard Rock properties are planning to build the world’s largest guitar-shaped building.
- Adele is looking at a place in London. It’s not cheap.
- This Nigerian prince scammer is definitely not a prince. Or Nigerian.
- Totally missed this story on Bono’s annual Xmas busking in Dublin.