Published on January 16th, 2017 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Monday, January 16, 2017
On this day in 1929, Popeye the Sailor Man made his debut. And now in music news…
- Jack White’s Third Man Records is planning its own vinyl pressing plant.
- Good timing, too. Vinyl is also exploding in Japan.
- Fifty Shades of Grey: the musical. Wait–what?
- David Byrne has written a musical about Joan of Arc.
- Here’s an interesting piece of Tupac memorabilia that’s going up for sale.
- Apparently, Prince was quite the secret philanthropist….
- …but he also really liked to party.
- This is sweet: Kids trying to explain colours to a blind pianist using only words and sounds.
- I just bought some Apple AirPods. I hope this commercial is correct.
- Salon has this long and loving look at Rush.
- Another Sex Pistols reunion? Well, it depends…
- Dammit. Bowie was at least thinking about playing live again when he died.
- So will we see a reunion of the classic Smashing Pumpkins lineup this year? Billy continues to soften on the matter.
- There’s a big goodbye planned for the late Status Quo guitarist, Rick Parfitt.
- Taylor Swift has some interesting real estate plans for a place in California.
- Question: Is Tay-Tay the new Eddie Van Halen? (Via Tom)
- So much for that Soundgarden documentary. Instead, there will be a Chris Cornell film. (Via Michael)