Published on January 29th, 2018 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Monday, January 29, 2018
Yes, it’s Monday, but in just a couple more days we’ll have put January behind us. Another four weeks and we can seriously start talking about spring. Meanwhile, here’s the music news for January 29, 2018.
- CBS charged up to a million dollars for a commercial on last night’s Grammy Awards.
- Linkin Park says they have every intention of continuing without Chester Bennington.
- This is a bit odd. KFC’s first-ever female Colonel Sanders is country star Reba McEntire.
- Eddie Van Halen has sued a photographer to prevent the release of some old Van Halen rehearsal footage.
- One of Donald Trump’s lawyers–actually his pick for White House counsel–lets off steam by playing in a band.
- Bon Jovi wine? Hey, everyone else seems to be doing it…
- Do you forget the books you’ve read or the movies you’ve seen? Don’t worry. It’s normal.
- Ed Sheeran is NOT dead. But an 82-year-old Icelandic mechanic is. It’s all very confusing.
- Why is Robbie Williams always fighting with Jimmy Page? Oh, right.
- Gwyneth Paltrow says “Chris Martin is like my brother,” which is a bit weird. And I wonder if Chris knows about this?
- Monday fun: This grandma has no trouble rapping “99 Problems” in front of her grandchildren.
- This Argentine film explores the whole “why do so many rock stars die at 27” question. The answer is…goofy. Fun, but goofy.
- The day George Harrison walked out on the Beatles.
- Nice to see this ex-husband-and-wife getting along so well.
- Gotta love They Might Be Giants. Here’s why.
- Liam Gallagher seems to be having a good time.