Published on January 8th, 2018 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Monday, January 8, 2018
It’s FINALLY warmed up around where I live. About time, too, because the dogs had been asking how to use the toilet. This is your music news for Monday, January 8, 2018.
- Today would have been David Bowie’s 71st birthday. Have you seen David Bowie: The Last Five Years yet? It’s very good. HBO Canada has it tonight.
- And if you need more Bowie, go here.
- Even the wife one of the guys in Tool says that there will be an album this year.
- Green Day’s Billie Joe Armstrong doesn’t want Trump fans following Green Day.
- And Axl Rose isn’t a Trump fan, either.
- Nor is Fred Durst. He has some advice for Trump.
- And Bono gets some attention about Trump in Breitbart, of all places. (Via Larry)
- Low-power radio is becoming something of a thing in the US.
- This could catch on in 2018: Concert t-shirts with anti-sexual harassment messages.
- Meanwhile, a former Live Nation executive has been sentenced for his pervy videos.
- Want to see some cool celebrity/music photos? Check out Arthur Usherton’s library.
- Band meeting! Flight of the Conchords is returning with a one-hour special.
- You gotta love Michael Bublé’s sense of humour. (Via Larry again)
- A nightlight emoji projector for…your toilet?
- Why do people keep insisting that cassettes are back?
- If you step on a security guard’s foot at a Singapore EDM festival, you could be fined $10,000.
- Is the music industry back? Apparently.
- The Doors now have an intersection named after them in Encino, California.