Published on January 9th, 2017 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Monday, January 9, 2017
One more day and we’ll be into the double-digit dates of January. In other words, we’re making progress. And now, the music day’s music news.
- Thousands turned up to a David Bowie birthday tribute in London yesterday.
- Sabbath’s Tony Iommi is given the all-clear after a cancer scare. And he’s also gone classical.
- They’re still taking inventory of Prince’s estate (estimated at $300 million) and they’ve found some gold bars.
- Looking for a name for your band? Stay away from these.
- Fun: Mariah Carey’s angry minions.
- So much for Martin Scorsese’s Frank Sinatra biopic. He’s given up.
- A fight between Vince Neil and Boy George on Celebrity Apprentice? Cool!
- This college in Georgia is going offer an entire course in Outkast.
- What do you have to do to get a lifetime ban from a fitness chain? Ask Chris Brown.
- British police are pissed at…Ed Sheeran? Yep.
- Kelly Osbourne has a lot to say about her dad in a new tell-all biography. Nice family…
- A month to go before we see our Gaga Super Bowl. She’s been practicing.
- Deep Purple has launched a lawsuit against their accountant for embezzlement.
- Paul Shaffer–he of David Letterman’s show–and his World’s Most Dangerous Band–are going to release an album.
- There’s just one Sam the Record Man left in the word–and the store would like to be declared a tourist attraction.
- Redoing your kitchen? This $14,000 gadget does everything–including playing music for your herb garden.
- A Justin Bieber-Belle hybrid doll? Weird. (Via Tom)