Published on July 11th, 2016 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Monday, July 11, 2016
I saw my first back-to-school flyer over the weekend. Too soon. Waaaaay too soon. And now, the music news.
- Aerosmith’s Joe Perry is in stable condition after collapsing during a Hollywood Vampires show in Brooklyn last night.
- Blink-182’s California album has bumped Drake from the stop spot on Billboard’s Top 200 album chart. But hey, Views had been there for nine straight weeks.
- Saturday’s edition of an Australian newspaper used Taylor Swift references for every single headline.
- Tame Impala was pelted with…cushions at a recent gig. Wait. Like, pillows?
- The Led Zeppelin/Spirit trial was a disaster for the complainants. Not only did they lose, but the lead attorney has been suspended for misconduct and now Warner has asked for attorney’s fees and costs. (Via Pamela)
- Good news for people who love BBC programming: the BBC iPlayer is going global.
- Someone is now selling a Flock of Seagulls wig. What took them so long?
- Two people died at the T in the Park Festival in the UK.
- Here’s a tour of Seattle back in the glory days of grunge.
- Guitarist Nick McCarthy is leaving Franz Ferdinand.
- Could your next phone/tablet be powered by bacteria?
- Meanwhile, an iPad could stop your child’s muscles and bones from developing properly.
- Adele sent a flunky on a 140-mile roundtrip for takeout pizza–and then apparently didn’t eat it.
- After 40 years, Toto is still around. They seem to have outlasted their haters.
- A cool guitar made out of composite materials.