Published on July 24th, 2017 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Monday, July 24, 2017
Is it just me or is the amount of paper on toilet paper rolls shrinking? Just askin’. While you ponder that, here’s the music news for Monday, July 24.
- Will Chester Bennington’s death make it easier for male victims of sexual abuse speak out? (Via Brad)
- STP has paid tribute to Chester.
- This article explains the friendship between Chester and Chros Cornell.
- All blink-182 concerts that were scheduled with Linkin Park have been canceled.
- Ninety people were taken to hospital after a Chance the Rapper concert in Hartford.
- The trial featuring Taylor Swift vs. the alleged groping DJ just keeps going.
- Another example of brain surgery and guitar playing going together. (Via Tom)
- You are now free to legally bid on Madonna’s used underwear.
- Interesting in machine learning and music? Then take a look at this.
- In today’s roundup of fake news, Ringo Starr has come clean about Paul McCartney dying in 1966 and being replaced by an imposter named Billy Shears.
- Here’s an app that uses “partyficial intelligence” to help you discover new music.
- Jay-Z’s 4:44 album is very popular, but he won’t allow it to be streamed on Spotify. That’s costing him about $1 million a week.
- Gotye apparently turned down millions in YouTube royalties. Here’s why.
- Now Lana Del Rey is trying witchcraft hexes on Donald Trump.
- First David Letterman inducted Pearl Jam into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Now Eddie is going to return the favour.