Published on July 3rd, 2017 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Monday, July 3, 2017
This is a weird day for business. In Canada, it’s a long weekend. In the US, it’s a gap day between the weekend and Independence Day. How much work do you think is getting done in North America? Zero. But there is music news for July 1.
- Paul McCartney and Sony have worked out their publishing differences. Inset “We Can Work It Out” reference [here].
- Adele cancelled the last two remaining shows on her tour–two big ones at Wembley–because her vocal cords just can’t take it anymore.
- But her explanation isn’t sitting well with some fans who accuse her of having a “zero work ethic.”
- Meanwhile, Adele’s cancellation wrecks plans for a live DVD.
- Speaking Adele, Dave Grohl had this to say about her contributing to the next Foo Fighters album.
- Here’s how Mel B of the Spice Girls managed to blow a £38 million fortune.
- Want to buy one of Daft Punk’s drum machines? It’s for sale. (Via David)
- Public Enemy has made their new album available as a free download.
- Joe Jackson, the head of the Jacksons clan, was rushed to hospital after a car accident on Friday.
- Look at all the pop stars that were brought in for the Foo Fighters new album.
- Buying Wu-Tang Clan’s Once Upon a Time in Shaolin almost got pharma bro Martin Shkreli killed.
- How a newspaper editorial saved Mick Jagger from going to jail.
- Happy Mondays’ Shaun Ryder says that the thing that got him off drugs was…cycling?
- This is Hong Kong’s answer to One Direction.
- And then there’s this story about the Chinese boy band that’s actually made up of girls.
- Here’s a good story on New Order and the continuing evolution of the music of Manchester.
- Want to see how modern pop songs are made today? Watch this video.
- A Swedish music festival has been cancelled this year amid charges of sexual assault and rape.
- Lady Gaga, substitute teacher.