Published on July 31st, 2017 | by Alan Cross1
Random Music News for Monday, July 31, 2017
It was a rough weekend for both of the bull terriers. They both got terribly skunked on Friday night. If this ever happens to your dogs, I highly recommend a product called Skunk-Off. It actually works. And now, the music news for July 31.
- If Kid Rock really does run for the US Senate, polls suggest he’ll win in a landslide.
- Fire caused by fireworks caused panic at a music festival in Barcelona over the weekend.
- Meanwhile, this festival was cancelled on account of mud.
- Honolulu has a new law that bans pedestrians from looking at their cell phones.
- A Bluetooth shower head? Cool, but do you really need to take a call in the shower?
- The Killers have apparently been jamming with Prince Harry for more than a decade.
- Relax. Adele and Taylor Swift are NOT on the new Foo Fighters album. Or at least that’s what Dave says. But you know what a joker he can be, right?
- Linkin Park’s music is dominating the British charts….
- …as well as the Australian charts.
- The Hard Rock Hotel and Casino has installed a Chester Bennington memorial.
- Meanwhile, here’s another look at Chester’s contributions to music.
- A Beyonce-themed baby shower. Kill me now.
- Here’s a story on the band that no one can seem to sign.
- This article entitled “Whatever Happened to Indie Rock” agonizes about how the whole genre seems to have lost its way.
- Beatles vs. Stones? Oasis vs. Blur? How about REM vs. U2?
- Are you a musician and you want to know how blockchain works? Start here. (Via Andrew)
- Pandora–an Internet radio service we don’t have in Canada–has figured out which artists are the most popular in each US state. (Andrew again)
- YouTube says it would really, really like to mend its relationship with the music industry. (Still Andrew)
- This rapper was robbed at gunpoint during a video shoot. He was relieved of a video camera worth $90,000.
- The host of a Chinese talent show collapsed on live TV. The audience thought it was part of the act.
- Liam Gallagher was asked for ID when he tried to buy smokes. That pissed him off.