Published on July 4th, 2016 | by Alan Cross2
Random Music News for Monday, July 4, 2016
Back from ‘Murica after an unexpected New York City odyssey. Please don’t show me my credit card statement. And now, the music news.
- Two of Prince’s doctors are being investigated. That’s a good place to start.
- Rihanna won’t play Lollapalooza Colombia because she’s afraid of zika…
- …besides, she’d rather talk about her love of Star Trek.
- Comedian Jim Gaffigan publically defended Nickelback.
- The lawyer who sued Led Zeppelin on behalf of Spirit has been suspended over his conduct.
- If these Chinese rappers don’t watch it, they could find themselves in trouble with their government. But good for them for speaking the truth.
- Katy Perry now has more followers on Twitter than anyone else: 90 million.
- A Ukrainian opera star who quit to fight Russian rebel was shot and killed by a sniper.
- Wouldn’t it be cool to study recording studio techniques and technology at Abbey Road? It’s possible.
- Deadmau5 has unveiled a VR game.
- ISIS/ISIL/Da’esh has its own English-language radio station.
- The National Music Centre in Calgary opened on Friday and there were long lines. Good.
- The digital music business still has all kinds of financial challenges. See?
- But at the same time, Millennials seem to be abandoning AM/FM radio for streaming. So it’s not all bad (unless you’re in radio, of course.)
- Pop music is having one of its best years ever. Here’s how and why.