Published on June 19th, 2017 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Monday, June 19, 2017
This is officially World Sauntering Day. Get up and go take a leisurely walk. Go on. Do it after you read about the music news for June 19.
- A US senator is being trolled by Nickelback related messages. He’s not happy about it.
- U2 earned $62 million USD in the first month of the Joshua Tree 30 tour. (Via Michael)
- Happy birthday Macca! Paul McCartney at 75.
- Bob Seger’s music FINALLY comes to streaming services.
- Apple is hiring a bunch of people to produce original content. This could be interesting.
- So Lorde’s alleged secret onion ring-rating Instagram account was real.
- Kid Rock just sold this property in California. I’d live there.
- Meanwhile, Lindsey Buckingham of Fleetwood Mac wants $22.5 million US for this place.
- The Boss on Broadway!
- Ever heard of an instrument called the ondioline? Gotye wants it to make a comeback.
- Nick Broomfield, the guy who made a controversial documentary on Kurt and Courtney, has a new project involving Whitney Houston.
- A great history of Bob Dylan’s groundbreaking song, “Like a Rolling Stone.”
- Here’s another great story about the Stone Roses’ disastrous second album.
- Let’s study the divorce of Mick Jagger and Bianca Jagger.
- What does it take to be a music supervisor? Quite a lot, actually.
- Here’s a list of the biggest celebrity benefit concerts.
- And because you’re probably craving more Jay Z/Beyonce news…