Published on June 5th, 2017 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Monday, June 5, 2017
On this day in 1956, Elvis Presley freaked out America by swiveling his hips to a new song called “Hound Dog” on The Milton Berle Show. And now, the music news for June 5.
- Yesterday’s One Love Manchester show raised at least $3 million for victims.
- Chris Cornell’s friends remember the singer’s last days.
- A new report says that the number of people paying to stream music will move from 106 million today to 336 million by 2025.
- Some indie record labels have come together to create a new industry powerhouse worth $1B.
- Wanna buy a Pogues house? There’s one for sale. (Via Tom)
- Gregg Allman’s funeral was on Friday. Cher and Jimmy Carter were there.
- An interesting look at pop and pregnancy.
- Looking for a name for your name? Try Anthony Burgess’ newly rediscovered book of slang.
- Do you sometimes get chills when you listen to music? Let’s explore the concept of skin orgasms. (Via Brad)
- Liam Gallagher had more nice things to say about his brother. This is getting weird.
- Our Kid is also talking about how rock’n’roll saved his life.
- When he was in the second grade, Donald Trump gave his music teacher a black eye because “I didn’t think he knew anything about music.”
- Apple Music could be losing one of its main executives.
- Saddam Hussein apparently spent his last days listening to Mary J. Blige.
- Lots of 50th anniversary Summer of Love vinyl reissues coming soon.
- A summary of the great Spinal Tap vs. Hollywood battle.