Published on November 27th, 2017 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Monday, November 27, 2017
Cyber Monday. Jeff Bezos is going to get a lot richer today while workplace productivity will plunge. And now, some music news for November 27.
- A musical Advent calendar? Why not? Sign up here.
- This is unprecedented: Gene Simmons has issued an apology for his behaviour.
- The funeral for AC/DC’s Malcolm Young is happening today (which is already tomorrow in Australia).
- The University of Calgary has just taken ownership of a massive collection of material from EMI Music Canada. It includes lots of rare stuff from David Bowie, the Beatles, Kate Bush and more. Wouldn’t you like to play in those boxes?
- In #MeToo news, we have this story about Sir Richard Branson and motorboating. And yes, THAT kind of motorboating.
- Wanna buy Bruce Springsteen’s childhood home? It’s up for sale.
- Yes, you have been hearing a lot of Imagine Dragons on TV lately.
- “You look like a Morrissey fan.”
- Yeezy has been sued over his clothing line.
- A U2 Songs of Experience listening party? Take a look at this.
- Dee Snider of Twisted Sister has finally seen the light when it comes to Donald Trump.
- Do NOT heckle Chad Smith of the Red Hot Chili Peppers about the whole Will Ferrell thing.
- Are you a guitarist? Then you might be interested in this story about guitar picks.
- What do you do when there’s a fight at work over what radio station should be on? Try this.