Published on November 6th, 2017 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Monday, November 6, 2017
Off to Nashville tonight for Vintage-TV business for the Country Music Awards (I know, I know…). Here’s what I’m not supposed to talk about. And now, some music news for November 6,
- Sean Puff Diddy Daddy Combs now wants to be called Brother Love. Bite me.
- This might get me to consider Tidal as a streaming service: They’re now offering detailed album and track credits. In other words, liner notes!
- The just-released JFK assassination files are revealing strange stuff–like Dr. Martin Luther King having a fling with folksinger Joan Baez.
- Speaking of archives, take a look at this material featuring John Lennon and Jimi Hendrix from the Dick Cavett collection.
- Why a band’s first album is so important to those who go on to become superfans.
- Let’s track down these music video icons. Where are they now?
- Kid Rock has fired his PR company over #MeToo allegations.
- And Christina Aguilera’s t-shirt pretty much says everything she needs to say about Harvey Weinstein.
- Morrissey and the Mexican resistance. You read that right.
- The BBC really hopes this new music show will make forget about Top of the Pops for good.
- What the hell was Emma Thompson doing in a moshpit at an Arctic Monkeys show?
- Neil Young is selling off his vast model train collection for charity.
- Remembering AC/DC’s uninvited appearance at CBGB at the height of punk in 1977.
- Hip-hop is trying to make you healthy.
- These sex workers are starring in their own musical.
- Sperm whales are so loud that they can kill a human being with sound.
- These celebrities have gone to war with countries. Eminem vs. New Zealand is on this list.
- Mick Jagger might be 74, but he’s still a dog.
- Vintage guitar prices too high? Here are four people you can blame.
- Watching Stranger Things? Here’s a guide to all the pop culture references.
- The things you can learn by studying the pickled heart of a classical composer.