Published on October 2nd, 2017 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Monday, October 2, 2017
On this day in 1950, the first-ever Peanuts cartoon was published. And now, the music news for October 2.
- Got something to submit for the 2018 Juno Awards? Go here.
- B.o.B. thinks the world is flat. Astronauts are having fun with this.
- Lady Gaga vs. Donald Trump re: Puerto Rico.
- What’s the future of music? Here are four possibilities.
- On that topic, is YouTube’s musical dominance doomed?
- Music-based social networks certainly seemed doomed.
- The Killers just nailed their first #1 album in the US.
- “Despacito” is about to hit 4 billion YouTube views. If you include the Justin Bieber remix version, it’s 5.6 billion.
- One thing we can’t forget in the ongoing NAFTA negotiations is protection for Canadian culture and artists.
- Springsteen’s Broadway run is going to go on and on and on…
- Wow. Justin Bieber was really being a dick.
- Now here’s an example of new high-end portable audio.
- It looks like exclusives to specific streaming services are over. Good.
- We keep hearing that Musical.ly is the new Snapchat. True?