Published on September 18th, 2017 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Monday, September 18, 2017
Polaris Music Prize Day! Come back tomorrow for all the results. And now, the music news for September 18.
- Did a Chinese streaming music company try to buy Spotify last year? That’s the rumour.
- Madonna was worried her underwear thief was out for her DNA. Why? To clone her?
- The top five ways the iPhone has influenced the world.
- This post agrees with me about the iPhone X: Buying an iPhone 8 is a much better value.
- Besides, next year at this time, we’ll apparently be able to control smartphones with our mind.
- Dame Judi Dench is now a rapper. Seriously.
- White nationalists shouldn’t mess with Johnny Cash.
- If you’re interested in Spotify’s latest legal woes, read this.
- Is this the most annoying commercial jingle in the world right now.
- Ringo would like us to know how he feels about Lennon-McCartney songwriting credits.
- Chinese hip hop is coming this way.
- As usual, the nominees for Britain’s Mercury Prize are seeling a sales boost.
- Justin Roiland of Rick and Morty fame seems to have an actual hit single.
- Is the death of loud autoplay videos imminent? Let’s hope so.
- The plan to stage a “man-free” music festival in Sweden is…getting complicated.
- The allegations of rape and kidnapping against The Decapitated have people talking about misogyny in metal.
- And in science news, playing the digeridoo alleviates snoring.