Published on April 15th, 2017 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Saturday, April 15, 2017
Would someone please invite Melissa McCarthy back to SNL to do another Sean Spicer skit. Pleeeeaaasssse? And now, the music news for April 15.
- Blink-182 is giving away a new song called “Can’t Get You More Pregnant.”
- Internet radio company Slacker Radio has laid off 25% of its staff.
- As you might expect, Gene Simmons isn’t a fan of free streaming.
- RIP Molly Hatchet bass player Banner Thomas.
- RIP Toby Smith, a founding keyboardist in Jamiroquai.
- I know you’ve had this question: If Elvis were still alive, would he be on Facebook?
- Midnight Oil played their first official show on their reunion tour. Australia loses its mind.
- StubHub has some fascinating statistics about who goes to Coachella.
- Henry VIII’s last wife was a songwriter, too. Maybe that’s how she kept her head. (Via Tom)
- You spend all your life trying to be successful and when you finally have money, people pay for the privilege of giving you stuff.
- Religion, the bedrock of modern rap.
- Fun: Old websites of big brands.