Published on April 22nd, 2017 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Saturday, April 22, 2017
Happy 10th birthday, Record Store Day! Now go out and shop. And here’s some music news to discuss while you’re hanging out with like-minded nerds.
- Vinyl is sexy because “you can’t undress an MP3.”
- Were you looking for that EP of new Prince material that was supposed to come out yesterday? Yeah, about that…
- Still, it did leak…
- Your music news headline of the day: “Royal Blood talk illness, hospitalisation and their sound guy losing a testicle.”
- Here’s part of the live interview I did with Big Machine’s Scott Borchetta at Canadian Music Week.
- Jay Z has re-upped his deal with Live Nation.
- Ex-Van Halen bass player Michael Antony has been hit with a personal tragedy.
- The Gorillaz house is now real.
- A new deal makes Google Play Music a default on all Samsung devices.
- Ooo. A (near) universal translator!
- You know you’re doing well when Stevie Wonder plays your wedding.
- That lawsuit alleging Bose headphones spies on users? Bose would like to respond.
- Is your kid using Musical.ly? Here’s what you need to know.
- Limp Bizkit’s Fred Durst is apparently a jazz guy. Wait–what?
- So now Neil Young has a streaming service called XStream.