Published on August 12th, 2017 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Saturday, August 12, 2017
Major League Baseball players went on strike on this day in 1994. That was a bad one. It took me years to get back into the game after it was settled. And now, the music news for August 12.
- Just like we saw with rock, there is now a generational divide in hip hop.
- Is classic rock radio on a roll? It’s possible.
- Who are these grabby asshole radio guys who are giving my business a bad name?
- The guy behind the disastrous Fyre Festival is selling his place for $7.5 million.
- How can you have a music festival without water or toilets? That’s what happened here.
- There’s something karmic about this situation where Pharrell was stuck in an elevator.
- A crazy fan rushed at Britney Spears during a show in Las Vegas on Wednesday. He was cuffed and taken away.
- Some Montreal Coldplay fans were duped by a fake ticket scam.
- Journey made a trip to the White House. This caused a problem within the band.
- Now some Canadian diplomats to Cuba say they were also subjected to some kind of sonic attack.
- Liam Gallagher is now mad at oceans.You read that right.
- And man, Liam swears a lot. Did this interview hit a new record?
- Were these two weeks in 1997 the worst in music history? (Via Brad)
- Here’s a cool iPhone trick to make your device sound louder.
- This year’s Grey Cup halftime show performer? Shania Twain.
- Restaurant music: More important than you think.
- Are you making music with Ableton Live? Then check out this new VR interface that’ll turn you into Daft Punk in no time.
- Will the iconic Amoeba Records store in Hollywood have to move?
- These guitars are made from wood taken from decaying parts of Detroit.
- The Northern Pikes are back together and on tour celebrating the 30th anniversary of their Big Blue Sky album. (Via Michael)