Published on August 19th, 2017 | by Alan Cross1
Random Music News for Saturday, August 19, 2017
Two days until the Eclipse Day. Got your #14 welder’s glass yet? And now, the music news for August 19.
- Sunrise Records continues to fill the gap left by HMV. They’re expanding into Newfoundland now.
- Discuss this at the bar tonight: Which celebrity is the most popular sex doll request? This one.
- Following the demise of Toronto’s United Talent Agency office, a new company has risen in its place. Good.
- Have the need to make music wherever you are? Try this thing that interfaces with your phone.
- Frank Sinatra traveled everywhere with a golden Uzi? Seriously?
- Are you financing concert tickets? A lot of people are.
- This new Nokia phone takes something called “bothies.” Wait: You can still buy Nokia phones?
- How many of these retro gadgets can you identify?
- Warner Music Canada has jumped on board the Canada 150 celebrations with this collection.
- Apple just released six videos showing what iOS11 will be able to do on iPads.
- This didn’t work out so well for Katy Perry.
- Goldman Sach sold $75 million in Spotify shares. Sounds like they’re clearing the decks for an IPO.
- Could this pop-up music festival be the next Fyre Fest?
- Shania Twain isn’t selling to her Nashville show because she can’t. Here’s why.
- Predictions are that Lady Gaga’s world tour will gross $100 million.
- David Bowie had a weird, weird life–at least in the early days. And some of this behaviour would have landed him in jail today.