Published on December 31st, 2016 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Saturday, December 31, 2016
We’ll soon be rid of this wretched year–even though it’s going to stick around for one extra second. And now, the music news…
- If you’re going to sing “Auld Lang Syne,” you should at least know why you’re singing it.
- How many people does it take to get Mariah Carey to a New Year’s Eve performance on time? A lot. And I mean, a lot.
- Here’s Chris Martin singing a tribute to George Michael at a low-key unannounced performance at a homeless shelter.
- George Michael apparently left the bulk of his fortune to his sister Melanie.
- Meanwhile, four of Prince’s houses have been sold as the battle over his $300 million estate continues.
- Judging by the new activations, a LOT of people got iPhones for Christmas.
- The least-wanted albums for Christmas? Adele and Bieber.
- People with disabilities are apparently getting bullied at British music festivals.
- Funny how streaming is now being hailed as the saviour of the music industry…
- Will 2017 be the year we solve the scourge of headphone hair?
- Best news of the year: a pint of Guinness a day will help you protect your hearing.
- Are these Britain’s smartest animals? This racoon can even play the piano.
- How Margaret Thatcher took on acid house.
- Ryan Seacrest, trapped in an elevator in Times Square. Can we keep him there?
- And it’s SIR Ray Davies, if you please…
- Has Azalea Banks been sacrificing chickens in her house for the past three years?