Published on January 13th, 2018 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Saturday, January 13, 2018
My friend in Singapore WhatsApp’d me to say that the nighttime temperature has fallen to 24 degrees. “We’re wearing LAYERS, dude!” Think about that as you go through the music news for January 13, 2018.
- Moby says he’s heard from US intelligence agents who believe that Donald Trump is a geniune Manchurian candidate.
- Info from CES claims that Hi-Res Audio is picking up steam and becoming more popular with consumers. Good. Let’s hope so.
- Eric Clapton once held fascist beliefs. He admits that and now feels shame.
- Drake bourbon: He’s taking it public.
- The estate of Elvis Presley has a problem with this Calgary minister.
- According to the American Kennel Club, 90s pop culture is big when it comes to naming dogs. “Nirvana” is apparently a big inspiration.
- Justin Bieber’s monkey has “issues.” You read that right. I feel bad for the little guy.
- And strangely enough, Chris Brown is having issues with his monkey, too.
- Google just bought a company that turns screens into speakers.
- Samsung just became the latest handset manufacturer to unlock the FM chip. More info here, too.
- Toronto Indie Week has been set: November 6-11. Details here.
- I would love to see this exhibit on the history of recorded sound that’s running now at the British Museum.
- Florence Welch has a new lyric book.
- Kurt Cobain took voice lessons? Yes–according to Dave Grohl.
- Queen is going to get a lifetime achievement Grammy.