Published on January 20th, 2018 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Saturday, January 20, 2018
It’s officially been a year of Trump. How are we all feeling? Ponder that as we go through some music news for Saturday, January 20, 2018.
- So there’s a new Guns ‘N Roses album in the works? That’s the gossip.
- Tom Hardy made a mixtape? Seriously?
- This could be VERY helpful: How musicians and other music people can identify influential Spotify playlist makers.
- Here’s a solution for earbuds when it’s too damn cold outside: the Bluetooth Beanie.
- The Wonder Stuff and Ned’s Atomic Dustbin got together to brew a craft beer. It’s called Ned’s Wonder.
- Wait: Why are ads turning up in premium (i.e. paid for) Spotify playlists?
- Ahead of their Australian tour, the Foo Fighters are opening a series of pop-up pubs.
- How voice and audio have become the new touch.
- Diana Ross’ childhood home is up for sale.
- Aiitalia Airlines wouldn’t allow a 350-year-old viola in the cabin, so they put it in the old–and crushed it to death.
- How 80s hardcore bands took back their scene from white supremacists.
- Whatever happened to Naked Jesus, the mysterious hippie dancer?
- Canadian classical pianist Glenn Gould may have died in 1982, but he’s planning a comeback.
- Coldplay’s August 21-22, 2017 concerts at the Rogers Centre in Toronto was the 10th-highest-grossing tour event of the year, grossing $8.7 million by selling 94,857 tickets.
- Got a bunch of wired speakers that you want to turn into wireless ones? Look at this.
- I’m betting that this Joan Jett documentary will be pretty good.
- Siri is getting deeper into podcasts. I’ll have to see if she can bring up Ongoing History episodes.