Published on January 21st, 2017 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Saturday, January 21, 2017
We still all here? Oh, right. Trump took the weekend off. We’re probably fine until Monday. America can probably wait until Tuesday to be great again. Meanwhile, here’s some music news.
- What does the election of Trump mean for music? Let’s ask around.
- Anyone else notice that Trump made his entrance Thursday night to the sounds of the Rolling Stones’ “Heart of Stone?”
- Here are some of the female musicians who are taking part in today’s Women’s March on Washington. (By the way, some Canadian women were refused entry into the US when they told border security where they were headed. Hmm.)
- Some musicians joined in on some anti-Trump protests in the UK.
- Did no one show up to a Brett Michaels Trump event? (Via Tom)
- Now THIS is the weirdest anti-Trump protest I’ve seen.
- Spike Lee has cut Chrisette Michele from one of his projects because she performed at the Trump inauguration.
- That’s enough Trump for now. Let’s move on. Agreed?
- “Is this the end of innovation in digital music?” Discuss.
- Any interest in some drama involving Mick Jagger’s exes?
- Three people were shot outside The Crocodile, one of the most famous rock clubs in Seattle.
- I had no idea that the theme for Bewitched actually has lyrics.
- Is Bastille going to get a Game of Thrones cameo?
- Lookin’ good, Johnny Lydon. How much weight have you lost?