Published on January 27th, 2018 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Saturday, January 27, 2018
This was the first day of the Great Blizzard of 1977. People in the Great Lakes still talk about how bad it was.
- Unreleased Prince music is coming “very soon.”
- SONOS is fighting back against Apple’s HomePod by bundling two of its speakers for the same price as one HomePod. In the US, anyway.
- The family of late Slipknot bassist Paul Gray has settled a negligence suit against his doctor.
- Now Suge Knight’s lawyers have been arrested. This usually isn’t a good thing for a client.
- Jessica Simpson has been sued for posting a picture of herself on Instagram.
- A new spin: rock isn’t dead. It’s just that other genres are exploding. It’s a good observation.
- Meanwhile, Fall Out Boy’s Pete Wentz weighs in on the same topic.
- Cool! A “Pinball Wizard”-inspired guitar.
- Another story about the weird and mysterious Poppy. Yes, she is a real person. Sort of.
- First SLAYER, then Elton John and now Lynyrd Skynyrd. They’ve just announced their farewell tour.
- Here is Mark E. Smith’s final interview.
- This Tool-Mastodon supergroup is now streaming their namesake song, “Legend of the Seagullmen.”
- Eminem compares Trump with a turd. The turd wins.
- Why would any musical artist get in bed with the awful Fifty Shades franchise? Oh. Right.
- I like Avenged Sevenfold’s attitude towards the Grammys.
- Bono’s son is in a band. He says they’ll be as big as U2 one day.
- How “Despacito” took over the world one remix at a time.
- This is why you don’t want to win the Best New Artist Grammy.
- Tom Petty’s daughter has something to say about her father’s accidental overdose death.