Published on July 1st, 2017 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Saturday, July 1, 2017
Happy Canada Day! And yes, there’s music news for July 1.
- RIP Dave Rosner, guitarist with the Afghan Whigs. He died at 50 due to colon cancer.
- A man with a machete was arrested near a Bieber concert in Wales. This could have turned out badly.
- “Hey, Justin Bieber, tired of being a loser?” An explanation of what that means here. And it’s probably not what you’re thinking.
- Bono made a statement about immigration and journalists at a U2 show in New Jersey. He’ll never be welcomed at the White House during this administration.
- There’s been an outbreak of Legionnaires Disease at Elvis’ Graceland estate. Cue the “Outbreak Hotel” jokes.
- Tired of spending hours practising your musical instrument? Soon, you may just be able to take a pill.
- Corey Feldman is now a musician. He managed to knock out own of his own teeth a recent gig.
- Great. Now we’re supposed to wear sunscreen when using phones and computers.
- This “radio professional” is an embarrassment to the industry. Here’s why.
- Yes, Phil Collins is a bit weird.
- And this guy might be even weirder.
- Here’s a list of thing the iPhone killed.
- And here are 1o other pop culture events that happened when the iPhone first went on sale in 2007.
- Rihanna sure knows how to pick ’em. Take a look at this guy.
- Facebook’s new app will apparently locate nearby wifi networks..
- Michael Jackson’s old chimp friend Bubbles is now a painter. His works are selling for $2000.
- Here are some strange facts about the British charts from over the years.