Published on July 15th, 2017 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Saturday, July 15, 2017
Wait. Is July half over already? Jeebus… Here’s the music news for July 15.
- Maynard James Keenan gets candid about the new Tool album.
- Where should we preserve Canada’s broadcast archives? How about in a Cold War bunker?
- One of Spotify’s so-called “fake artists” has broken his silence.
- Facebook is about to get into VR in a major way with a $200 headset.
- There will be an animated Michael Jackson special this Halloween.
- It’s official: Science says live music is good for your soul.
- Google has something called New Release Radio that you might find interesting.
- Warner Music just bought Songkick, the app that helps you discover new gigs and concerts.
- Would you like to stream the first-ever White Stripes gig? Okay. Go here.
- Wanna buy some of the gear the Smashing Pumpkins used in the 90s? Okay. Go here.
- Spotify listeners don’t like the Beatles as much as they like Coldplay or Twenty One Pilots. Damn kids…
- Metal band Adrenaline Mob was involved in a fatal crash in Florida. At least one person is dead.
- One Beyonce Instagram post got 5 million likes. Here’s the story.
- Yesterday was the 38th anniversary of the infamous Disco Demolition riot in Chicago. (Via Tom)