Published on July 29th, 2017 | by Alan Cross1
Random Music News for Saturday, July 29, 2017
The last weekend in July. Make it a good one. And now the music news.
- At a show in Toronto on Wednesday, Shirley Manson of Garbage broke down when talking about Donald Trump’s transgender ban for the military.
- This is some pretty solid advice: “11 Things Millennials Don’t Get About Music.”
- Chris Martin: The nice young man at the swimming pool.
- This is a good tribute to Chester Bennington.
- Want the dirt on the world of DJing? You might want to pre-order this book.
- Here’s the kind of cool video things you’ll be able to do with iPhone 8 and iOS 11.
- This new Rolls-Royce is the world’s quietest car. It better have a good stereo.
- This is a good retrospective on The Strokes.
- Twitter’s growth seems to have stalled for the time being–even with Donald Trump’s help.
- The Chinese wouldn’t pay to buy music, but they’re pretty okay about paying to stream.
- Why it’s hard for women to cut through pop’s glass ceiling.
- The missing Sam the Record Man sign is nearing complete restoration. It should be hung up again in the vicinity of Ryerson University in the fall.
- X, one of the fiercest punk bands to come out of LA, is going to be honoured by the LA Dodgers.
- Let’s compare the tech habits of Millennials vs. Gen Z, shall we? (Via Brigitte)
- A retired Canadian pro wrestler is suing Van Morrison.
- New prediction for the end of the world? January 19, 2038. Here’s why.
- Drake’s thirsty burglar breaks in again.
- Interested in the punk of the East Bay? There’s a film for you.
- Liam hints at making music with Noel again–but let’s take this with a grain of salt.