Published on July 30th, 2016 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Saturday, July 30, 2016
I’m happy to report that both granddogs are getting along well with my parents who are visiting for the first time in seven years. Even my dad is beginning to warm up to them. And now, some music news.
- In case you missed the review of the Tragically Hip’s show in Vancouver, here it is.
- The best playlists for your summer roadtrip are these things called “albums.” (Via Andrew)
- Sony is now making $25 million a week from streaming. I wonder how much of that actually gets to the artists and composers?
- Ice Cube is producing a new game show for VH1 called Hip Hop Squares. I am not making this up.
- Vangelis is working on an album inspired by the Rosetta mission to Comet P47. I hope he pens a nice farewell to Philae.
- If David Bowie were still alive, he’d have welcomed a new grandchild this week.
- Judge to Prince: “You are NOT the father!” Repeat 28 more times.
- In case you’ve missed them so far, behold Mexrrissey, the Mexican Morrissey. (Via Michael)
- Snoop Dogg held a party for Hillary at the Democratic National Convention. He doesn’t like Trump at all.
- Bobby Brown has named his new daughter after Jimi Hendrix.
- Working a food truck at a European music festival can be…weird. (Via Larry)