Published on July 8th, 2017 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Saturday, July 8, 2017
Seventy years ago, something crashed at Roswell, New Mexico. Probably a stupid grey. And now, the music news for July 8.
- Dave Grohl is “a big bully.” Wait–what?
- Madonna is set to open a hospital for pediatric surgery in Malawi on Tuesday.
- Gavin Russom of LCD Soundsystem has come out as transgender.
- Spotify has a new playlist called “I’m with the Banned” that features artists from the countries subject to the Trump travel ban.
- Here are some interesting allegations by Diddy’s former chef.
- Why are so many big-name celebrities bailing on social media? This could be the reason.
- Gross headline of the day: “Macklemore’s grandmother gets a lap dance for her 100th birthday.”
- How classic rock is having an effect on new generations.
- This mobile device doesn’t need no stinkin’ battery. It harvests ambient energy to work.
- Anxious? Try these tips for building an anxiety-busting playlist.
- Want to rent the last address of Tupac? You can.
- A holographic smartphone? Yep.
- A Tribe Called Red got some nice coverage by the BBC.
- Conspiracies swirl about the music choices for the G20 meetings.
- And then there are these musician contributions to those same meetings.
- This metal band frontman was attacked and robbed by assailants using an ice pick.