Published on March 3rd, 2018 | by Alan Cross0
Random music news for Saturday, March 3, 2018
Rodney King was beaten senseless by the LAPD on this day in 1991. And now, for music news on March 3, 2018, we have this.
- Here’s my weekly music recommendations column for Global News.
- Want to go to an Oscar party? It’ll cost you.
- A good read for anyone who aspires to be a music writer: “Music journalism isn’t dying, it’s changing.”
- Axl Rose, Donald Trump critic. He thinks Melania was a former hooker.
- It’s official: Jay-Z is now richer than Diddy.
- Apple is now #1 in the wearables market.
- Google tried to make it difficult to shop for guns online, but messed things up for Guns ‘N Roses and the Sex Pistols.
- An Egyptian singer has been sentenced to two years in jail for a racy music video.
- Kimye have built a pool the size of a lake at their $20 million home.
- Late AC/DC singer Bon Scott is getting another statue in Australia, this time in Melbourne. There’s already one in Freemantle.
- Beyonce’s people have sent a cease-and-desist order to a dance school just because offer a class called “Bey Dance.” Really, really?
- All songs on the Twenty One Pilots album Blurryface have gone gold or platinum. That’s never been done before.
- Life after being an indie musician: a math teacher.
- Here’s a review of the ten juiciest lawsuits in the music industry.
- Keef doesn’t think much of Taylor Swift. “She won’t be around in 20 years.”
- Ghostbusters music live in concert? Yep.
- Lou Reed’s lost poetry is going to be published.