Published on October 7th, 2017 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Saturday, October 7, 2017
In Edmonton today for a speaking thing and the Up and Downtown Festival. If you’re in the neighbourhood, drop in. And now, the music news for October 6.
- Harvey Weinstein misquoted Jay-Z when he made a statement about his sexual harassment situation.
- Remember that women-only festival planned for Sweden? It’s still going ahead.
- Katy Perry is getting HOW MUCH for American Idol?
- Five things all radio broadcasters should know about the auto industry.
- After a brief slowing earlier in the year, vinyl sales continue their upward trend.
- Remember Terence Trent D’Arby? Here’s where he is now.
- A single 12 TB hard drive? Yep.
- Ticketmaster is suing a company thought to be using bots. Good.
- Linkin Park’s Carpool Karaoke segment will air next week. And yes, Chester was part of it.
- Wu-Tang’s Ghostface Killah is launching his own cryptocurrency.
- This guy wrote a hit song for Justin Bieber, so he’s probably rich, right? Nope. Take a look at his royalty statement.
- Harmon Kardon has a smart speaker on the way.
- What are “label services?” It’s an alternative to record labels.
- What word is the most “hip-hop?” What does that even mean? Time to consult science.
- Puddle of Mudd’s Wes Scanlin is in trouble again. Gun charges.
- New emojis coming to iPhones and iPads next week.
- What the hell is Magic Leap?
- Beware swelling iPhone 8s.
- And that’s it for AIM Messenger after 20 years.