Published on September 23rd, 2017 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Saturday, September 23, 2017
- Barely a dozen people lined up in advance to get an iPhone 8 at London’s flagship Apple store.
- Here’s another way streaming is shaping the music industry: Million-sellers club has been updated to include streaming.
- Yeah, no one understands Morris dancing.
- Irish rap is on the rise.
- The newest must-have accessible? A sanitizer for your mobile phone.
- Even Mennonites make fun of Nickelback. (Via Larry)
- The final print edition of The Village Voice is out. It’s the end of an era.
- The Sex Pistols’ Never Mind the Bollocks is being reissued AGAIN, this time for its 40th anniversary.
- And the Saturday Night Fever soundtrack got a 40th-anniversary treatment.
- ABBA and Dio are going on tours as holograms. So is Frank Zappa.
- Are you a woman looking for a female mentor in the music industry? Take a look at this.
- This guy will start his 75th consecutive year in the radio business today. Wow.
- Michael Jackson is going to be extra-huge this Halloween.
- This Florida senator is demanding that mobile phone carriers activate the FM chip in cell phones. After this hurricane season and the role traditional radio has played in keeping people informed, I’m right with him.
- This dog barks like a chicken. You’re welcome.
- Looking for a Netflix-and-chill weekend? Here are 25 great music documentaries worth sourcing out.
- I’m worried my neighbour will get one of these new 3,000-watt self-powered speakers. You should be, too.
- Going to the US? Phone searches could be the new normal. (Via Larry)