Published on September 17th, 2014 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for September 17, 2014
The first version of the Linux kernal (v. 0.01) was released on this day in 1991.
- I’m going to slice all my pizzas this way from now on. THE SLAYER PIZZA! (Thanks to Tom for changing my pizza eating habits forever.)
- Ten grunge albums you should really own. (Tom again.)
- Gene Simmons is planning a rock reality show.
- How one company is working to make record labels irrelevant.
- The print version of yet another music magazine bites the dust.
- Kevin Lyman, founder of the Warped Tour, is offering a free online class for musicians.
- The music hipster comb. You heard me.
- An association of record stores are really, really pissed at U2.
- However, Joey Ramone’s family is really touched by “The Miracle (Of Joey Ramone).” And could this song be part of Bono’s lyrical inspiration for the track? (Thanks to Michael for the link.)
- This article will upset some people: “The Music Piracy Complex.”