Published on April 13th, 2017 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Thursday, April 13, 2017
The words “Houston, we have a problem” were uttered on this day in 1970. Now, the music news for April 12.
- How badly does a movie have to bomb before the musicians involved don’t get paid? This bad.
- This 50th-anniversary reissue of the Beatles’ Sgt. Pepper sounds fantastic.
- A live album is coming from the Dead Weather.
- What if a rave broke out on your morning commute? It happened in London.
- Trip-hop in the occupied areas of Pakistan.
- The man who “interviewed the wind.”
- This 82-year-old dumpling maker decided that she’d rather be a club DJ.
- Alt-J has launched a new app to go with their upcoming album, Relaxer.
- Why you shouldn’t wear headphones while at the gym–and this is advice that comes from a trainer.
- I wonder if there’s a connection between music and the amount of cocaine found the wastewater of these cities.
- Montreal is going to get a downtown mural that pays tribute to Leonard Cohen.
- Here’s a great where-are-they-now story: Jas Mann of Babylon Zoo is now doing what?
- Toshiba, the electronics company, is in serious financial trouble, mainly because of its nuclear power investments.
- Scroll to the end of this trailer for an interesting Depeche Mode/Kanye mashup. Full version here. (Via Andrew)
- Noise really, really bothers killer whales.
- This playlist is the best for your workout–according to science, anyway.