Published on April 20th, 2017 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Thursday, April 20, 2017
4-20, yada, yada, yada. And now, the music news for April 20.
- If you’re a Canadian musician, read this. It explains how Canadian music royalties work.
- Tanya Tagaq, who is Inuit, is pushing for an American band called Eskimeaux to change their name.
- Canada’s analogue broadcasting rules definitely need an update in the digital era. And it’s coming.
- Apple has made GarageBand free for everyone.
- Lana Del Rey teased a song inspired by North Korea. You read that right.
- Raffi, the children’s entertainer, isn’t happy with The New Pornographers and their name.
- This looks interesting: Spotify’s new “branded moments.”
- Is online music heading towards a MySpace moment?
- “The greatest music teacher who ever lived.”
- Nicki Minaj’s new video is a case of unfortunate timing.
- Can this guy clean up the cause of drug deaths on the EDM scene?
- Twelve things we’ve learned in the twelve months since Prince died.
- Ukraine is having trouble with Ukrainian music. The problem? Russia.
- Bill Murray is now singing Gershwin? Yep.