Published on April 21st, 2016 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Thursday, April 21, 2016
Happy 2,769th birthday, Rome! And now, some music news…
- Ireland’s oldest raver has died at age 99. Yes, 99.
- Trivia question: Which Game of Thrones character is based on Liam Gallagher? [HINT: It’s a villain. Duh.] Here’s the answer.
- Nicki Minaj’s brother pleads not guilty to child rape.
- Raffi’s new song teaches kids how to chill. Want to bet some parents will label this meditation-like approach as the behaviour of cults?
- If you’re a Guns ‘N Roses fan, you’ll be interested in this documentary on Duff McKagan.
- Former U2 manager Paul McGuinness has a new TV show–a drama–set in the south of France. (Via Larry)
- Speaking of U2, The Edge’s father passed away at 85. The funeral was held this week. (Larry again)
- Alibaba, the giant Chinese search engine, is now into music streaming.
- The richest female musician EVER in Britain is…yeah, her.
- A musical based on…Cher?
- Here’s how Iman and David Bowie kept it together all those years.
- And in Gwen Stefani-Gavin Rossdale divorce news, she gets the fashion empire. Well, duh.
- Ten songs you wouldn’t expect a choir to sing.
- Why is yacht rock making a comeback? Should I get my Pablo Cruise records out of storage?
- The time Ayn Rand testified against a musical. Wait–what?
- Why does Snapchat have this Bob Marley filter?
- Live music is becoming more and more of a luxury. Tickets are just too damned expensive.
- Rivers Cuomo’s secret for writing songs for Weezer? Spreadsheets.