Published on April 6th, 2017 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Thursday, April 6, 2017
Once more ’round the sun. And now music news.
- Paul O’Neill, leader and guitarist of the Trans-Siberian Orchestra has died at age 61.
- Prince’s wife says she never saw him use any kind of drugs.
- And now, subbing in for Neil Young, David Letterman. Wait–what?
- If you want to use Apple Music on Android, the app has been redesigned.
- Can’t make it to Coachella? You’ll be able to stream opening weekend.
- Israel’s election has been delayed because of a Britney Spears concert.
- Weezer’s Rivers Cuomo has always been fascinated with Japan. Now he’s going to release a Japanese-language album.
- Will Chance the Rapper end up as the mayor of Chicago? Stay with me on this.
- Barry Manilow has come out as gay to the shock of no one.
- Gorillaz has teamed up with Sonos (yes, the music hardware company) to do this.
- Jay Z’s latest thing is a Champagne that costs $850 USD a bottle.
- This new exhibition of the history of electronic musical instruments in Berlin looks fantastic.
- That’s one chatty parrot.
- Justin Bieber’s world tour is nearing $200 million USD in grosses.
- Great trivia question: Can you name the people who have been inducted into the Rock and Hall of Fame more than once?
- So what’s next for Apple’s Beats 1? Quite a lot, apparently.