Published on August 10th, 2017 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Thursday, August 10, 2017
Here’s the best part about potential North Korean missile attacks on the US: They’d have to fly over Canadian territory first. Swell. And now, the music news for August 10.
- What will happen to Chester Bennington’s episode of Carpool Karaoke? It’s up to his family to decide whether it airs or not.
- Here’s the story behind Sinead O’Connor’s latest breakdown.
- Turns out one of Barack Obama’s daughters is a big fan of The Killers. She went to see them at Lollapalooza and lost her iPhone.
- Bill Murray went to see the Groundhog Day musical. Once.
- Here are the best features coming in the next editions of iOS and Android. I like the health features, too.
- A where-are-they-now gallery on NWA.
- Fascinating: How a 1920s-era recording system was restored for the PBS series, American Epic.
- The Toronto Public LIbrary is into vinyl in a major way.
- David Crosby vs. pro wrestling: Guess who lost this Twitter battle? (Via Brent)
- The Weeknd wants the pope to wear his new sneakers.
- Here’s still another way AI could change the way music is made and mixed.
- Roland has brought back the legendary TR-808 drum machine–sort of. Close enough, though.
- Detroit is considering “techno-tourism” as a way to attract people to the city. Hey, it worked with Motown, right?
- Liam Gallagher says he has no interest in ever meeting his 20-year-old love child daughter.
- A newly-discovered species of badass Jurassic-era crocodile has been named after Lemmy of Motorhead. This thing was a real piece of work.
- Check out this all-female metal band from Indonesia called Bracepot.
- This Norwegian singer got death threats for having a black love interest in her video. What’s wrong with people?
- Somone has written a book on year spent working at Apple’s flagship store in Manhattan.
- Hollywood director Todd Haynes is going to do a documentary on the Velvet Underground.
- Time for another look at the best-selling albums of all times.