Published on August 17th, 2017 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Thursday, August 17, 2017
Dammit, Microsoft! You updated Skype and now I have to update a bunch of other stuff to make it work again. This. Is. Annoying. And now, the music news for August 17.
- Spotify has removed tracks from a bunch of white supremacist groups.
- Lady Gaga has agreed to hand over some Kesha texts that have something to do with the Dr. Luke case.
- Bon Jovi has reached a deal with PETA over his clothing line. No more leather.
- Technology is great, but it’s made us MUCH more impatient. See?
- How the KGB infiltrated classical music. Wait–what?
- Wu-Tang’s Wu Wear is about to make a return.
- Manchester Arena will reopen following that horrible bombing with a charity gig next month. Noel Gallagher will headline.
- Want to talk to elephants? This new tool turns human phrases into elephant calls.
- This woman can taste words and phrases. (The word “left” tastes like McDonald’s french fries.) Scientists are most curious.
- Apple might spend up to $1 billion on video over the next while.
- Free phone calls with your Google Home smart speaker? I gotta try this.
- Elvis was a big Star Trek fan, apparently.
- Producer Butch Vig says that producing albums is 50% psychology.
- Amazon’s Alexa is apparently set to debut in Canada in November. Meanwhile, the company is paying developers to work on Alexa’s musical abilities.
- Looks like social media influencers are starting to drift away from Snapchat.