Published on August 3rd, 2017 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Thursday, August 3, 2017
As of today, my parents have been married for 60 years. Give them a Diamond Award! And now, the music news for August 3.
- Looking at Canada music sales and streams from the past week (all numbers vs. this time last year): Total albums, -17.6%; digital albums, -23.6%; physical albums, -13%; CDs, -13.6%; vinyl, -1%; audio streams, +84%.
- Here’s a concert venue that will be of interest to Lord of the Rings fans.
- Notice how there are more movies about guys with good playlists?
- An interesting question: What should TV music look like in the future?
- This is cool: A site that helps you discover non-English-speaking rap acts from around the world.
- Does Beyonce want to become an owner of a pro sports team? That’s the rumour.
- Donald Trump and Gibson Guitars go together perfectly, apparently.
- Liam Gallagher really, really, really hates U2.
- Game of Thrones Carpool Karaoke. It happened.
- Drake just made a video at Yorkdale Mall in Toronto. (Via Larry)
- Is Drake’s dad the most interesting man in whiskey?
- Dave Grohl got Paul McCartney to play drums on the new Foo Fighters album. Shades of the Sound City collaboration.
- Rap legend Kidd Creole has been arrested for allegedly stabbing a homeless band to death.
- Here a review of the Morrissey biopic called England is Mine.
- Suge Knight has been indicted for making death threats against the director of the Straight Outta Compton movie.
- If you follow K-pop, this is a very big deal.