Published on August 4th, 2016 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Thursday, August 4, 2016
Happy anniversary, dear. And now, music news.
- Modest Mouse’s Isaac Brock was involved in a car crash after falling asleep at the wheel. He’s okay.
- Did you know that there was a hip hop tribute album to Phil Collins 15 years ago? Me, neither–but it definitely existed.
- Are we going to get a new Nine Inch Nails single on September 16? There’s evidence that says “yes.”
- U2 has confirmed another world tour for 2017.
- Apple Music is now available in 114 countries.
- What are the streaming music services paying artists? Let’s take a look.
- Having trouble finding new tunes because there’s just too much music out there? Try lost.am and you may not be lost for long.(Via Andrew)
- Ozzy Osbourne: sex addict. Eww.
- And Ozzy isn’t alone.
- Here’s an old BMW once driven by Elvis. Pretty cool, actually.
- An all-female electronic music festival? Why not?
- China is pissed at South Korea’s new anti-missile so they’re going to retaliate by targeting K-pop stars. Wait–what?
- Here’s a fun list of terrible original names of famous bands. This missed one: OMD used to be called Hitler’s Underpants.
- Deadmau5 has been granted to the right to buy one of the new Ford GT supercars.
- Headphones that claim to deliver ten times better sound? Tell me more.
- Lyricfind, the world’s largest legal provider of song lyrics (and a company based in Canada!) has extended its reach even further.