Published on February 16th, 2017 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Thursday, February 16, 2017
Woke up in Perth, Australia, this morning. Fed some kangaroos. Posed with a wombat. Took a selfie with a koala. And now, the music news…
- Speaking of Australia, by the time you read this, Midnight Oil may have already announced their reunion.
- More Oz: Axl Rose was denied a police escort in Melbourne.
- Maybe it has something to do with his Spinal Tap moment.
- Nickelback got into a brief Twitter war with Arnold Schwarzenegger. It ended well.
- Mick Jagger says he has no memory of writing his memoir. Good thing his publisher has a copy.
- This new lawsuit against Netflix, SoundCloud and Vimeo shows why the US patent system is broken and exploited by trolls.
- Daft Punk is ready to launch their own Snapchat filter.
- Prince may be on Spotify, but Beyonce, Taylor Swift and Thom Yorke still aren’t (even though Radiohead is.)
- Meanwhile, Spotify is moving into new HQ digs in New York and preparing to hire 1,000 more employees.
- Carlos Santana said he didn’t mean what he said about Beyonce.
- This is good: How in-ear monitors can help or hurt an artist’s performance. (And Adele would know.)
- Skype not doing it for you? Amazon’s new service is called Chime.
- Canada turns 150 this year. Here are some of the music events that we’ll see.
- This radio station in Syria is fighting militants by broadcasting chicken sounds.
- What do the Cleveland police want with Justin Bieber?
- Yes, Lady Gaga was actually singing during her Super Bowl performance.
- F*ck this guy.