Published on February 2nd, 2017 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Thursday, February 2, 2017
Happy Groundhog Day! Happy Groundhog Day! Happy Groundhog Day! (Okay, that joke is old already.) And now the music news music news music news…
- Daft Punk will perform at the Grammys. Or at least it will look like Daft Punk will be performing at the Grammys. But with those helmets, who really knows?
- Music mogul Russell Simmons has renounced his friendship with Donald Trump.
- A Kanye prankster has set his sights on Donald Trump.
- Here’s how Morrissey announced some shows. Donald Trump won’t like this.
- Johnny Depp spent $3 million blasting Hunter S. Thompson’s ashes from a cannon? That’s responsible money management, right?
- Taylor Swift’s $25 million Beverly Hills mansion.
- A TV source tells me that Courtney Love will apparently play the role of Kitty Menendez, the mother of the notorious Menendez brothers, in a new Lifetime biopic. SPOILER: Her sons kill her.
- I’d drink here: a heavy metal bar for outsiders. Too bad it’s just in New York.
- Depeche Mode’s new album, Spirit, will be available March 15. It will be preceded by a single called “Where’s the Revolution” tomorrow (February 3.)
- Nickelback’s new album, Feed the Machine, will be out June 9. Prepare thyselves, haters.
- Chainsmokers the new Nickelback? Maybe.
- Another member of the lucky sperm club. There will be a foetus co-headling Coachella
- Drake is now conducting auditions for his pop-up Super Bowl strip club.
- Looking for some vintage BBC turntables? You’re in luck. Go here.